To book a tour, a completed booking form must be submitted along with the required deposit. Clients must obtain travel insurance at the time of booking, and provide proof of insurance to complete the booking. (More about insurance below)
Deposit is due upon booking. Full payment of the remaining balance due must be received by 60 days before departure date to maintain your place.
Cancellation by You
We begin incurring costs from the moment you book a tour such as deposits and full payments for lodgings and activities. Therefore if you must cancel, it is imperative you do so as early as possible or you will forfeit a percentage of the tour cost. To cancel your participation in a tour, we must receive written notice in our office.
• If cancelled more than 61 days before departure, the full deposit is refunded minus a $100 cancellation fee.
• If cancelled between 60 and 31 days before departure, 50% of total trip cost is refunded.
• If cancelled 30 days or less before departure 0% of total trip cost is refunded.
• 4 months before the trip. You and your partner book a tour. You obtain travel insurance with trip cancellation coverage, fill out the booking form, and submit payment for the deposit to secure your spots. (Example: $500 deposit x 2 people = $1000 total deposit paid)
• 3 months before the trip. If you have to cancel your trip, you receive a refund of your deposit, minus $100 cancellation fee (Example $500 deposit paid – $100 cancellation fee = $400 refund x 2 people = $800 total refund.) If you don’t have to cancel…
• 2 months before the trip. You submit the remaining balance due for the trip. (For example: a $5000 trip – $500 deposit = $4500 balance due x 2 = $9000 payment due) If all goes well, you are happily on your trip 2 months later! But if you have to cancel your trip after payment is made…
• 32 days before the trip. If you have to cancel, you receive a 50% refund of the total cost of the trip (60-32 days before trip). (Example: $5000 trip x 50% refund = $2500 refund x 2 people = $5000 total refund)
• 29 days before the trip. If you have to cancel, you receive no refund of the total cost of the trip (30 days or less before trip.)
All guests must obtain travel insurance at the time of booking a tour. Proof of travelers insurance is required to secure your booking. Travelers insurance should include trip cancellation coverage, as well as emergency medical treatment and emergency evacuation. We personally use World Nomads Travel Insurance when we travel (it is simple to use and affordable) but there are several other reputable travel insurance companies out there. We’re happy to advise you about which policy would suit your needs for our tours.